
While looking for inspiration for are personal identity logo design I ran into these calligraphic designs that caught my eye. Calligraphy comes form the Greek word kallos "beauty" and graphẽ "writing", it is often called the art of writing. Calligraphy is the art of giving forms to signs in a stylish way. Calligraphy is an old art which as influence a wide variety of cultures from the Japanese to the Arabic and to the Western. It even has evolve threw the years dividing it into two type of calligraphy the Classical and the Modern. Modern calligraphy ranges from functional hand lettered inscriptions and designs to fine art, while Classical calligraphy differs from typography and non-classical hand-lettering improvised at the moment of writing. I did know that calligraphy was still so popular to design until I did my mini research and learned about it. Hope you enjoy these examples as much as I did...



No comments:
Post a Comment